Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Logo Design

A logo is an important symbol that is used to represent a business, person, or group. I felt that it was high time to create one of my own to use on business cards, stationary, and other important documents.

Here is my first logo idea:

In the process of creating my logo I started by writing down some things that summarize my style and life. The words simple, unique, straightforward, green, environmentally friendly, easy to follow, and people friendly came up during brainstorming. The biggest words that I really wanted to emphasize in my logo design was environmentally friendly and people friendly. I knew that the simplest way of doing this was to use the color green and have a person in my logo.
The human figure part was created by complete accident. I was using the letter W and trying to make it into a human figure. I pulled down the middle of the W to get the legs and body, added a head, and then accidentally hit some button. That button warped the entire figure making it have a curved look. It was not the direction that I was thinking about, but it worked better than what I was planning on doing.
Adding my name was the easiest part. I found a simple font that would be easy to read and understand. The color had to be green to give it a look that says environmentally friendly. The color green is also bright and can catch a persons attention.
I have many ideas, for future logos, but for now I am very satisfied with my first design.

No comments:

Post a Comment